Security & Role Based Access
Healthcare information technology departments understand that well defined security programs and role-based access are key to ensuring HIPAA compliance. Defining appropriate access for each organizational role and policies and procedures that ensure ongoing maintenance and monitoring can minimize inappropriate access to information systems. HealthNET can assist you with a process to establish, monitor and control role-based user access.
- Assessment of current user access and security processes
- Implementation of role-based access and multi-department responsibilities for user provisioning
- Creation of a role-based access control matrix
- Definition of audit committees and processes
- Development of security policies and procedures