Security & Regulatory Compliance
Stay current with today’s constantly changing requirements.
With ransomware attacks and regulatory compliance audits at an all-time high, your organization must stay up to date with security and compliance regulations. Accomplishing that can be a challenge — we can help. What differentiates HealthNET is our experts’ healthcare backgrounds — in acute care, ambulatory, physician office, long-term, and hospice settings. We understand clinical, financial, IT, and operational workflows, and how regulations affect patients, providers, performance, interoperability, etc. You can profit from our experience.
Vice President & Chief Information Officer
“HealthNET has assisted Emerson Hospital with multiple initiatives over the years, and we’re always pleased with their consultants’ knowledge and dedication. Most recently, Joy Bauer led our efforts to address the Cures Act, implement EPCS, and helped us conduct a thorough HIPAA security risk assessment.”
Renee Fosberg, Vice President & Chief Information Officer
How we help:
HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
You’re busy. So let our experts lighten the load by identifying gaps in meeting HIPAA administrative, physical, and technical standards for you. Our consultants have the experience necessary to conduct the assessment efficiently and economically, and our service includes:
- Interviews – With the appropriate members of your organization (privacy, security, and compliance team members, CIO and IT managers, etc.) to determine whether or not the appropriate safeguards are in place.
- Policies and procedures review – Our experts will also review policies and procedures to ensure that safeguards are not only in place, but actively practiced.
- Results and recommendations – We will document the results, assign risk scores, identify threats and vulnerabilities, and provide recommendations.
- Review with executives – In addition to detailed written documentation, our experts will review the results with your organization’s executives to ensure everyone understands immediate needs and to help you obtain senior level support for any necessary remediation.
Joint Commission and Other Accreditations
To assure patients they will receive the best care possible, many US hospitals and other healthcare organizations seek accreditation from an independent agency approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- The Joint Commission (formerly known as JCAHO) accredits more US hospitals than any other agency. It surveys and approves or denies accreditation based on extensive patient care and safety goals.
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV) and the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) are two additional CMS-approved agencies that also provide accreditation.
- HealthNET assists clients with planning, assessing, and developing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with agency requirements and to pass surveys with full accreditation. Prior to your survey, our experts can help identify safety and compliance gaps. During your survey, they can provide coaching support. And after your survey, our experts will help ensure you correct any deficiencies that may arise.
CMS and ONC Regulations
HealthNET can also help healthcare organizations navigate the complex and constantly evolving requirements put forth by CMS and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC). Our subject matter experts can assess your organization’s needs and then plan, manage, and execute the EHR and workflow changes, staff training, and reporting necessary to meet those requirements. Examples of our past regulatory consulting engagements include:
- Promoting Interoperability (formerly known as Meaningful Use)
- MACRA / MIPS / APMs
- Electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQMs)
- ePrescribing and ePrescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)
- 21st Century Cures Act