The selection of a new healthcare information system (HIS) is a daunting process for clinicians, health care providers and administrations. HealthNET Systems Consulting is experienced in system selections and can make this process efficient and painless for organizations, whether you are selecting a complete HIS or augmenting with niche applications. We pride ourselves on our objectivity and being vendor independent. This independence allows us to guide our clients in practical evaluations and appropriate due diligence when evaluating and selecting software, hardware, and networking vendors. We provide your organization with a proven methodology and effective tools for the evaluation and selection process. We believe that the system selection process is really the beginning of your implementation. Our process allows your project team to focus on future workflow and process improvement, rather than the mechanics of the selection process.
How HealthNET can help:
- Scope definition: We will define the scope of the selection and align the new system to the business goals and expected benefits as related to costs.
- Demonstrations: We will prepare an organization’s selection team to evaluate vendors and conduct effective product reviews. Demonstration scripts are utilized to ensure “apples to apples” comparison of solutions, rather than seeing only the “bells and whistles” of the systems.
- Develop Request for Proposal: We work with our clients to determine the functional requirements for the development of the RFP. Our philosophy is to prepare an RFP that is streamlined and focuses on a systems differentiating factors rather than standard features that systems possess.
- Due Diligence: We will guide the selection team through the reference checking and site visit process.
- Solution Ranking: We provide guidance and a methodology for ranking the vendors’ solutions, analyzing proposals, and determining vendor of choice.
- Screen Vendors: We screen vendors for feasibility and appropriateness for an organization based upon key criteria including functionality, technology, cost, integration, vendor stability.
- Contract Negotiations: We have consultants highly experienced with vendor contract negotiations for IT systems. We will work in conjunction with your legal counsel and represent your organization on the negotiating team.
HealthNET was invaluable across the gamut of our EMR project. From system selection to implementation, their seasoned professionals worked in partnership with our organization to meet our strategic goals. They were professional, reliable, consultative, and provided solid follow-through.- Stephen Li, Vice President & CIO
Jersey City Medical Center