Mergers & Acquisitions
Ensure a smooth transition that will strengthen your competitive position.
HealthNET offers comprehensive IT consulting services for health system and hospital mergers, with a focus on successful transition of IT systems throughout your organization. We support clients with Strategic & Tactical Planning, Program & Project Management, and Implementation support. We have developed a detailed M&A Playbook, which follows the phases outlined below.
1. Evaluation & Due Diligence
HealthNET will help you determine if proceeding with the merger (or divestiture) is favorable for your organization and if so, we help develop your IT strategy. We use a comprehensive survey tool during this phase, and our written analysis will include:
- An overall statement of the IT game plan
- Opportunities for savings or risk
- Projected capital and operating costs
2. Sprint to the Close
This phase lays the foundation for IT and provides a map for system design and implementation. We will review the current practices, processes, and associated functional requirements of the hospital(s) to be acquired (or divested) to identify and correct gaps and ensure that all IT decisions meet your organization’s overall strategic goals. We will also help develop and/or review an IT Transition Services Agreement (TSA), if one is needed.
3. Transitions & Implementations
Health system and hospital mergers (as well as divestitures) effect staff throughout an organization. HealthNET can augment your in-house clinical and business informatics teams with our program and project managers, application experts, and trainers. During this phase:
- We will analyze third party application contracts
- Computer systems will stay, be replaced or upgraded
- We will review and revise technical architecture, integration, and IT support
- Implementation work includes planning, system build and testing, user training, and change management
4. Transition to Operations & Support
HealthNET will help you finish the process by reviewing IT management and operations to refine and ensure transfer of knowledge and that your resources represent a sustainable model for your organization.